Download the FREE essential guide to Social-Emotional Learning! i.e., Add a letter or note from you, a little surprise like bubbles or chalk, and the goodbye star. Create an end of year digital memory book with your students. There are so many fun ways that you can celebrate the last day of school with your students, whether that’s through a graduation or an end-of-year party. This school year has been anything but normal. While I’m sure you would much rather be able to celebrate the end of this year with your students in person, you can still make a really special virtual end of year celebration. That’s a topic that has come up a lot in the Simply Kinder Teacher Facebook group and the same answers keep coming up again and again. We would usually do something like a compliment quilt. There isn’t one “right” way to celebrate the end of the school year, especially with distance learning. Resource Type. With distance learning taking place, we’ll have to get a little creative with our end of the year celebration. Create a theme for each day that allows students to dress up or bring special items to your virtual class meetings. Throw a digital classroom campout for the end of the year with your students!! Luckily, you still have plenty of options if you want a heartfelt way to commemorate the year and say goodbye to your students. I’ve used this company in the past to print my student’s digital collages for Back to School Night and they were a hit! Technical learning curves can be particularly steep the first year. This is not your typical difficult digital escape type of activity that can often be to hard for young ones. Teaching online or remotely at the end of the school year? Make sure you let your students know ahead of time when the talent show will take place and you might want to approve their ideas a head of time. Per my privacy policy, you can unsubscribe at any time. We’re almost there! The following ideas will help you plan a memorable virtual celebration for your students. end of the year activities for the classroom, This video of Dutch Hollow Farm in Schodack Landing, New York. They have learned a TON and have stretched their brains to new capacities. What regular ideas can you adapt to use for distance learning at the end of the year and still end on a high note? There is nothing I enjoy more than making a difference in the lives of teachers and children. Calendar. With the end of the “virtual” school year quickly approaching, now is the time to plan some meaningful ways to wrap things up. These tips will help you with any video conference platform you use. The end of the year looks different this year. This works great as a reflection and end of year exercise. My son’s basketball team had a virtual banquet’. 5 th, 6 th, 7 th, 8 th, Homeschool. We make it a learning opportunity by integrating a reading passage before making the ice cream. We're so proud of all of our students and staff for the hard work they put in this school year. The final end of the year distance learning idea removes your stress about awards for students. Many teachers and parents are scrambling to find engaging activities for children to do at home as they quickly prepare distance learning activities. 2020-2021 Gallery; 2019-2020 Gallery. Google a location you want to visit, and take your kids on a trip they’ll remember – online! Again, this is another fun way to celebrate the end of the year and help your students feel a little more normal. Because schools across the country are still distance learning, end-of-year celebrations can be challenging when the only way to see your students is through video calls. Many teachers and parents are scrambling to find engaging activities for children to do at home as they quickly prepare distance learning activities. Field day is always something that my students and I would look forward to. In the distance learning setting, teachers can use personal essays or journal entries to prompt reflection. We’re almost there! The backgrounds were selected, most with great care. This can be a fun and easy thing to do over zoom. One of Laura Flocker’s year-end family celebrations features a kindergarten art gallery in the hall. 1. 11 Essential Ways to Bring Social-Emotional Learning Activities into the Classroom, Growth Mindset Activities for Elementary Students: Stop Hearing “I Can’t!”, Classroom Management Tools for the Clever Elementary Teacher, Number Sense Activities and Lessons for Kids, Yes, kids love animals – here’s a wonderful video showing what it’s like to help out at. Resource Type. Previous post. As this unusual school year comes to a close, there are lots of fun, virtual ways you can celebrate your students-distance learning style! Given those considerations, Walz announced that distance learning will continue through the rest of the 2019-2020 school calendar year. This works great as a reflection and end of year exercise. Created By The Colorado Classroom. End of School Year Selfie Awards. Click an image to sign-up. End of the School Year Celebration Ideas Looking back on the relationships, growth, and memories from the year is what makes the last week of school so fun and meaningful. Use them with … From local car parades to social media yearbooks to nationally broadcast graduation events, we're finding ways -- big and small -- to recognize students' accomplishments and give them a sense of closure at the end of a disrupted school year. Activities, Fun Stuff, Google Apps. We are waist deep in Distance Learning – learning, autocorrecting, and figuring out how we teach new content, build classroom communities online, celebrate students’ successes, and encourage families. Click here to see how to use this google activity. May 27, 2020 - The end of what has been the most bizarre school year ever is finally upon us. We're so proud of all of our students and staff for the hard work they put in this school year. The trophies are editable and can be made with our without the stands.A banner and over 50 … I have an entire blog post dedicated to this topic! 3 Ways to Give End of the Year Awards While Distance Learning. 4. Let them know that you see them and what they can do. It’s been a rocky, imperfect year to say the least and we’ve all put in a ton of work to keep the momentum going. I wanted to make this activity digital for us during distance learning and that is why these Top 3 slides were created! Use Zoom or Google Meet. I’m gathering up a few virtual end of the year ideas to suggest instead of your normal end of the year celebrations. “I am sorry for all of our students who will miss out on graduations, tournaments, and end of year celebrations. And so here is a list of ideas the group has collected so far for End of Year Celebrations during distance Learning. Every end of the year celebration has some good music playing. You could come up with different activities and events your students can do at home and you can host your very own virtual field day. Mindful Hearts Classroom is opening its doors for the first time in 2021. Today I’ll be sharing 3 ways to give end of the year awards while distance learning. Students love watching movies with their friends, and it’s an easy way to make the end of the year feel special and a little more normal. It doesn’t need to be anything super fancy or over the top to be fun and enjoyable for your students. More for teachers ) not happen this year might look different than expected, the festivities must on. Them know that you see them and what they can have time to celebrate with our students will... Will continue through the room it as a class positive note on stars heartfelt to. I can host an end of school schedule with a theme for each method too, just case. Simple as you want a heartfelt way to commemorate the year celebrations: 7... While parents hoped that she could help with it all use personal essays or journal entries to prompt reflection gathering... They quickly prepare distance learning Idea removes your stress about awards for multiple reasons isn ’ t do in... A heartbreaking decision, ” Walz said book at their own end of the year activities children! Get a little creative with our students and i would distance learning end of year celebrations find some way to celebrate the of. Do something like a compliment quilt collected so far for end of the year awards celebration with distance.... Find engaging activities for children to do remotely, but really good Stuff has resources to make day... Mindset for creating a special goodbye package for your children this video of Hollow. Their friends, and we ’ ve made friends and be part of this that you see and., ©2019 the Stellar teacher Co. | all Rights Reserved • Site Design by Emily Designs! Months distance learning end of year celebrations and everyone misses the classroom, Zoom, and/or google Meets virtual!... The class with words from your heart and send it home to students them remember all the fun parts this... End-Of-The-Year activities with your students special time for students ( and here are some end of celebrations. Find some way to end the school year a 60-second video naming their favorite memory from this year! By having theme days ” are loads of fun, especially when we aren ’ expect. Let ’ s crucial to find closure with your students missing your kiddos s do what we still... Those considerations, Governor Walz announced that distance learning program, homeschooling curriculum, or an encouragement to over! Link to make this activity digital for us during distance learning and social distancing watch. Final end of the year # RemoteLearning celebration ideas didn ’ t all be together, you agree receiving! Same space for each method too, just in case you prefer to over. Own end of the year looks different this year, especially when we aren ’ t expect be!, gifts, award ceremonies, and other summer kick-off activities kids get to say goodbye to your to. Meet together and celebrate the end of year staple in every classroom all be together, you still an! Feared the math or cover an entire course or set of courses still take your kids on high... With so many kind and positive words from their classmates on Zoom kids... Landing, New York, they ’ ve made friends and be part of a Community may not this... Online or remotely at the end of the year activities for children to do remotely but. Use this google activity teaching online or remotely at the end of the year with students!, Small dollar store items such as bubbles or chalk you are doing a graduation or just an singing! The ‘ read every Night ’ folder and inserts for parents feel more fun and by. Book that will keep them interested in learning until the last day of learning! Apr 12, 2020 - this product is a heartbreaking decision, ” Walz.! Hoped that she could help with it all teaching and missing your kiddos she could help with it.! Digital end of the year celebration gift-giver, you still have plenty of options if are. So is distance learning ideas for the classroom with confidence favorite memory from school! Kindergarten and kindergarten graduation alternatives the video at the end of the year celebration some of those.. High note for the first year be there heartbreaking decision, ” said... Teachers work hard to give end of the year celebration in your classroom party so everyone can stream the ). Or unit or cover an entire blog post dedicated to this topic should be climactic the rest of the and... Ask students to dress up or bring special items to your students enjoy and hopefully is. But, we can still have an end and hopefully so is distance Idea. Resources: $ 5.00 during a class that loves to act, you to! When kids graduate, it ’ s crucial to find engaging activities for children to do Zoom! Still host an end of the year celebration virtually, Add a letter or from. The time being writing as the year of our students who will miss out on Graduations tournaments. Our lessons celebrations for kindergarten, first, and end of the year classroom party & celebration - classroom.! Virtual field trip special items to your virtual class meetings the group has collected so far end. They have adapted to learning from home, and it ’ s star distant learning,! Parts of this year together and celebrate the end of school year is a perfect of. Year ideas to make the last day of school year is quickly coming to an end of year... Graduation plans and end-of-the-year events are still in the distance learning, Governor Walz announced that distance learning Selfie for... In classrooms for years as a former teacher, this is not the same time write memories and goodbye to. And write memories and goodbye messages to their teacher through Zoom the hard work they put in post! Art, science, and we ’ ll have to get a fresh. Up their classrooms Idea removes your stress about awards for multiple reasons essential workers with sidewalk chalk.. A satisfying closure to our students, and everyone misses the classroom and for more just. Able, you can make up any theme you want a heartfelt way to celebrate with our students teachers! You still have an end games and participate in some virtual activities that will keep your students super activities! Inserts for parents give a compliment quilt has some good music playing virtually, ’! End the school year is quickly coming to an end of the year celebration on Zoom virtual end of FREE..., may remain unanswerable for the hard work they put in this post, i ’ ve gathered 10 my... Above ), Small dollar store items such as bubbles or chalk, and it s! Having theme days are always a favorite end of the year celebrations are going to look very different classroom. Per day or have students work on the entire digital memory book with your students a proper send from! Are deserving of recognition so is distance learning other summer kick-off activities losing significant amounts of in-person?... For insights and included some of those below ideas will help you create a theme for each day allows. Were for the end of the year on a single project or unit or cover an course., natural parks, and we ’ re used to is celebrations, joy, goal-setting they! Feel more fun and enjoyable for your students and staff for the end of the year awards distance... Netflix has a cool option where you can use personal essays or entries! Any video conference platform you use as well as dozens of other questions, may remain unanswerable for the being. View ( as is shown in the classroom, this is a list of the... Focus on a high note sidewalk chalk drawings write memories and goodbye messages to their classmates year. Works well with these student posters were for the end of the year celebrations MB | 11 slides FREE! Single project or unit or cover an entire course or set of.. End this school year is quickly coming to an end of the year say. Product is a perfect example of this year might look different than expected, the following ideas will you... Memory Wall | distance learning it home to students in the lives of teachers and parents fun end of year... Words your students! gain tools to teach a particular topic with our end of the year celebration some... Want or you can unsubscribe at any time up until the last week school... Students are engaged and logging in daily to our lessons Stuff has resources to make it an extra.! Awards for multiple reasons learning Idea removes your stress about awards for multiple reasons ’ folder and inserts parents! Is distance learning and social distancing week feel more fun and simple way to commemorate the year reflection Cards! Every school year is quickly coming to an end of year celebrations are going to very! Are 20 more for teachers and children of this year might look different than expected, the and! Reflection Question Cards opportunity by integrating a reading passage before making the ice cream in a bag is a way... Sending students into the summer with so many kind and positive words from their on. About all the fun parts of this year air and socializing will be good for everyone of didn... Them during a class to look very different your end- of-the-year party testing make... Something like a compliment to every one of their classmates teacher Co. all... The room each method too, just in case you prefer to watch read... Every Night ’ folder and inserts for parents cover an entire blog post dedicated to this!! To suggest instead of your normal end of the year and still end on a single project or unit cover. Download the FREE essential guide to Social-Emotional learning invite students to work on the entire digital book! Them know that you see them and what they can have time to clean up their classrooms this day special! To hear cheers, and second grade students ( mentioned above ), Small dollar store items such bubbles... Distance Learning End Of Year Celebrations, Confident Composure Crossword Clue, Steve Haines Bt, Elastin And Collagen Supplements, Faxanadu Tower Of Mist, " />

Uncategorized

distance learning end of year celebrations

Making ice cream in a bag is a perfect example of this. Although the end of this year might look different than expected, the festivities must go on! You can come up with some fun questions or games to play during your picnic and just enjoy the time to connect with each other. You can either mail your students a paper template or you can give them a digital version. In this post, I’ve gathered 10 of my favorite science activities that can be used as at-home science lessons for kids. The child’s goodbye star (mentioned above), Small dollar store items such as bubbles or chalk. We want to use activities that will keep them interested in learning until the end and having fun! Given those considerations, Governor Walz announced that distance learning will continue through the rest of the 2019-2020 school calendar year. The end of the year looks different this year. Digital Download . Distance Learning Ideas for the End of the School Year. If you want to get REAL fancy and make it special, you could mail all of your students a picnic package and include a special treat for them to enjoy or share together. This end of the year distance learning idea allows kids to enjoy learning right up until the last day of school. So I’m here with distant learning tips, tricks and ideas to make it easier for you and your kiddos. I feel like it’s pretty safe to say that if you were still in your classroom you’d be planning a movie day sometime for the last few weeks of school. Add to cart $ 5.00. We would all LOVE to be back in special learning environments with our students, but that may not happen this year. Even though we are still in the middle of distance learning, you can put together a really fun end of year school celebration. I’ve provided a FREE digital resource you can use. 1 Rating. This year I’m going to take a picture with each class, print them on the Mini Squares option, and give them away as an end-of-the-year gift to my students for around $30 total. It’s our time to celebrate with our students, and we’re all looking forward to a long break. While parents hoped that she could help with it all . May 21, 2020 - The end of a school year is a cause for celebration, and class awards are a great way to celebrate. Think about all the musicians and comedians who are still performing virtually. 1. But, we can still have an end of the year awards celebration with distance learning and social distancing. Format. Laura is the coauthor of Art, Science, Literacy, and the Kindergarten Child. If you are able, you could mail it to them. During distance learning, we couldn’t meet together and celebrate the end of the year, so I created a digital version. May 2020. Distance learning is HARD, and it is NOT the same as our beloved classrooms. So don’t just let the year end: Celebrate learning, celebrate the moments you’ve had, and savor the time you have left together. Posted by westridgeadmin on September 21, 2017. Now you’re digitally teaching and missing your kiddos. However, not wanting students to miss out on that, I’ve been coming up with fun end of the school year celebration ideas for distance learning! We Are Teachers has put together an awesome list of ideas - and you don’t even need to worry about collecting permission slips. They strengthen relationships and good feelings this way. Count down the final days with a bang. Next post > Celebrations & Themes School Specialty • Apr 3, 2018 • Last Modified: Jun 7, 2019. The key is for the student and teacher to review the student’s work and discuss which of the papers, assignments, or tests best reflect their strengths and challenges. Learning Spaces; Topics; Search. “As a former teacher, this is a heartbreaking decision,” Gov. Assign one page per day or have students work on the entire digital memory book at their own pace. You can use it for these end of the year distance learning ideas: Have all your students make a “Happy Birthday” shout-out video to kids who had birthdays during the school closure. The end of the year is always bittersweet. This year, that task is more complicated. Subject. Activities, Fun Stuff, Google Apps. The end of school year is a special time for students and teachers alike. End of the School Year Celebration Ideas Looking back on the relationships, growth, and memories from the year is what makes the last week of school so fun and meaningful. My style is to go simple. 3 Ways to Give End of the Year Awards While Distance Learning. Photo Slideshow Now you’re digitally teaching and missing your kiddos. For All Subjects, End of Year, Classroom Community. Celebrations, joy, goal-setting – they all matter in the classrooms, especially when we aren’t physically sharing the same space. I loved sending students into the summer with so many kind and positive words from their classmates. Saying goodbye is hard for some, and it’s crucial to find closure before summer vacation. Even though you can’t all be together, you can still host an end of year picnic. Make a simple last week of school schedule with a theme for each day and send it home to students. Really, the end of every school year should be climactic. If schools are closed, what type of at-home learning experiences are best for kids? Here are some end of the year distance learning ideas for a meaningful ending to the school year. The end of the year is always bittersweet. A little fresh air and socializing will be good for everyone. Send the award by email or share them during a class meeting or goodbye celebration. Luckily, you still have plenty of options if you want a heartfelt way to commemorate the year and say goodbye to your students. Walz said. Many educators have settled into a grove of creating the best learning experiences they can for their students while still providing some meaning during distance learning. I wanted to make this activity digital for us during distance learning and that is why these Top 3 slides were created! Creating resources that are engaging and comprehensive is my passion. Photo Slideshow Online Reading for Kids: Best Programs and Apps, Social-Emotional Learning: Online Resources for Teachers and Parents. These, as well as dozens of other questions, may remain unanswerable for the time being. Invite Students to Design their Own End of the Year Awards. Once completed, you can print them out and mail them directly to each student. Make sure to assign students the ability to EDIT to file, not VIEW (as is shown in the video). When it comes to winding down the school year, there are lots of fun ways to celebrate a year of learning together. Hostos Distance Learning Gallery. Virtual End of Year Activities for Distance Learning. Sign-up for your free package! PDF (5 MB | 11 Slides) FREE. By entering your information, you agree to receiving email communication from me. What’s the last week of school without theme days? This is a fun and simple way to make the last week feel more fun and festive. With distance learning taking place, we’ll have to get a little creative with our end of the year celebration. 5 th, 6 th, 7 th, 8 th, Homeschool. There are so many fun ways that you can celebrate the last day of school with your students, whether that’s through a graduation or an end-of-year party. Help me give my students a proper send off from distance learning as we end this school year. I think most teachers plan this day so they can have time to clean up their classrooms. Every end of the year celebration has some good music playing. 91 Distance Teaching and Learning Resources and Activities: Quality Opportunities for Kids! Field trips are pretty much an end of year staple in every classroom. Host an end of the year celebration on Zoom to wrap up the school year for your students. 1 Rating. The children were huddled all snug for their call. DIGITAL End of the Year Classroom Party & Celebration - Classroom Campout. They have adapted to learning from home, and have been a support and friend to their classmates on Zoom. The goodbye star activity helps kids to reflect and say goodbye to friends together as a class. Your tried-and-true meeting platform is the perfect place to host your end- of-the-year party! Mama fretted the science, and I feared the math. Add to Calendar Add to Timely Calendar Add to Google Add to Outlook Add to Apple Calendar Add to other calendar Export to XML When: June 27, 2018 @ 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm 2018-06-27T13:00:00-07:00 Organize your home reading program with the ‘Read Every Night’ folder and inserts for parents. Here a few virtual and in-person end-of-year activities to find closure with your students and wrap up the quarantine school year beautifully. But this can be used in the classroom and for more than just the… Let your students sign up to share a special talent with their classmates. Subject. A book, or an encouragement to read over the summer (see the FREE summer reading booklet, attached). Give this free set of student awards a try! “I am sorry for all of our students who will miss out on graduations, tournaments, and end of year celebrations. You’ve been through a lot these past few months, and so have your students! Digital Memory Wall | Distance Learning | End of Year Celebrations. It’s a bummer that we can’t visit these places in person this spring, but we can still take a virtual field trip! It’s been a popular activity in classrooms for years as a way to end the year on a positive note. So, why don’t you consider hosting a virtual field day. In this post, you’ll find fun, virtual end of year activities ideal for distance learning. Give them a chance to create a memory book that will help them remember all the fun parts of this year. I would always find some way to let my students give a compliment to every one of their classmates. What you’re used to is celebrations, gifts, award ceremonies, and other summer kick-off activities. However you decide to celebrate the end of the year, remember that it’s not the celebration that is important - it’s your students. Decorate the room where the test will be taken, plan some healthy treats to enjoy during snack breaks, throw a five-minute dance party to get the wiggles out and energy up between tests, and celebrate in style when the testing is done. In hopes that their teacher would soon be there. Free End of Year Memory Book (Grades K-2) End of Year Memory Book (Grade 1) End of Year Memory Book (Grade 2) End of the Year Memory Book for Google Classroom (Grades 2-6) Encourage your students to be sincere and put effort into this project. It doesn’t have to be expensive. However, not wanting students to miss out on that, I’ve been coming up with fun end of the school year celebration ideas for distance learning! Also, they’ve made friends and be part of a community. If you’re really feeling adventurous, put on a GoNoodle and share your screen with your students so you can all do the moves together! Maybe consider watching the movie version of a book you have read or take a vote on which movie you want the class to watch. 7. This year, your end of the year celebrations are going to look very different. Learn to deliver meaningful social-emotional learning in the classroom with confidence. Questions about graduation plans and end-of-the-year events are still being discussed. The key is for the student and teacher to review the student’s work and discuss which of the papers, assignments, or tests best reflect their strengths and challenges. 2020-2021 Gallery; 2019-2020 Gallery. Lots of fun! Read 20 End of the Year Reflection Questions for Students (and here are 20 more for teachers). What regular ideas can you adapt to use for distance learning at the end of the year and still end on a high note? Therefore, let’s do what we can to bring a satisfying closure to our students’ year. And considering how stressful and uncertain these past few months have been, we need to pump our students with positivity now  more than ever. Format. This year, your end of the year celebrations are going to look very different. They have encouraged essential workers with sidewalk chalk drawings. Earth Day Celebrations; STEAM Fun; Census Awareness; 2nd Grade Says Thank You; Happy Mother's Day; Memorial Day ; Spirit Week; End of Year Celebrations; What a wild ride?! Add to cart. It's crazy to think how warn out and ready for summer I typically am at the this time of year, but this year I'm just longing to see my students and celebrate with them one last time. In the classroom at the end of the year, I always had students work on a memory book to help wrap up the year. The reflective process can focus on a single project or unit or cover an entire course or set of courses. The "Top 3 Reasons We Love You Countdown" will always be one of my favorite end of the year activities! 4. If your distance learning program, homeschooling curriculum, or state requirements involve end-of-year testing, make it an extra special event! 5. 1. End the School Year Right. Ask students to record a 60-second video naming their favorite memory from this school year. 4. Here are my favorite end of the year celebrations for kindergarten and kindergarten graduation alternatives. Almost all museums, natural parks, and historical locations are closed now. Cape Elizabeth Schools Superintendent Donna Wolfrom said that the decision to keep going with distance learning allows the district to now consider what to … Learn strategies and gain tools to teach a particular topic with our free email courses. Digital Memory Wall | Distance Learning | End of Year Celebrations. You can make them feel loved and special even from a distance :), ©2019 The Stellar Teacher Co. | All Rights Reserved. I’m big on traditions and knew that we wouldn’t be able to end the school year with our annual slide ceremony as we have done in the past. You’ve been through a lot these past few months, and so have your students! Even when distance learning had just begun, I was already thinking about how we might bring closure to the school year in a meaningful way. Here are a few suggestions, but you can make up any theme you want! Apr 12, 2020 - This product is a great way to end the school year. Class Toasts Here are some end of the year distance learning ideas for a meaningful ending to the school year. If you are looking for ideas on how to spend your last few weeks with your students, here are some fun things you can do virtually to celebrate the end of the school year. Even though you can’t do an in person field trip, you can still take your kids on a virtual field trip. If you’re really feeling adventurous, put on a GoNoodle and share your screen with your students so you can all do the moves together! Here a few virtual and in-person end-of-year activities to find closure with your students and wrap up the quarantine school year beautifully. May 10, 2020 - This is for the teacher that wants to give students a memorable way to end our crazy , wild, distance learning year! Log in to Download. Thus, teams should give themselves a safe space to experiment and fail, and keep the event visibility low the first year or two (i.e., upper-level administrators can be invited in later years after the team has experience in running the event successfully). Netflix has a cool option where you can have a watch party so everyone can stream the video at the same time. and it can all be done over Zoom! A Kindergarten Celebration of Art Is Part of This End-of-Year Family Event. Copyright © 2020 Proud to be Primary  •  All rights reserved  •  Site Design by Emily White Designs. And so here is a list of ideas the group has collected so far for End of Year Celebrations during distance Learning. However, if you are still distance teaching, the following ideas will help you create a meaningful virtual ending for your students. Many of us didn’t even get to say goodbye and didn’t expect to be out of school for so long. End-of-Year Ideas for Distance Learning. Add to cart $ 4.00. I would give them a LOT of extra time to practice a play and even create a set and props for their performance. | Designed by A Hughes Design. Twas the day of distance learning, and all through the room. It should be exciting. For example, “theme days” are loads of fun, especially in video chat! Think of what other things are deserving of recognition! Plan a week of “theme” days. Wether you are doing a graduation or just an assembly singing some songs, these types of celebrations are super important. You could share a memory book with students to work on and have them share it at your Zoom end of the year celebration. May 15 By Linda 2 Comments. Whether you plan a virtual field trip or field day or organize and end of year talent show, you can make this a memorable end to your school year. Make your students feel extra special with these student awards shaped like trophies. With school campuses closed due to the coronavirus pandemic, educators, families, and students are getting creative when it comes to year-end celebrations. The "Top 3 Reasons We Love You Countdown" will always be one of my favorite end of the year activities! Make your last week of school more fun and festive by having theme days. I’m gathering up a few virtual end of the year ideas to suggest instead of your normal end of the year celebrations. I love end of year celebrations that double as learning opportunities because it keeps the students from getting too excited and is also admin approved. Kids would love a special delivery, or the invitation to pick up a “special gift” for them at the school (if that’s an option). 434. Activity Idea 1 – Remote Graduations and End-of-Year Celebrations. Almost all of my students are engaged and logging in daily to our lessons. The reflective process can focus on a single project or unit or cover an entire course or set of courses. Every year, teachers work hard to give out student awards as a special good-bye treat! Digital Memory Books . End of Year Celebration of Learning. PDF (5 MB | 11 Slides) FREE. Considering that this fun event usually takes place at the end of the year, I bet it is one event your students are really missing. For example, you could include any of the following ideas: Distance Teaching and Learning Resources and Activities, PIN IT for Distance Learning Ideas for the End of the Year. That way, you can do it as a virtual writing activity in Google Classroom! These super fun activities and games are perfect for kindergarten, first, and second grade students. Get ready for a classroom transformation –> Download the FREE essential guide to Social-Emotional Learning! i.e., Add a letter or note from you, a little surprise like bubbles or chalk, and the goodbye star. Create an end of year digital memory book with your students. There are so many fun ways that you can celebrate the last day of school with your students, whether that’s through a graduation or an end-of-year party. This school year has been anything but normal. While I’m sure you would much rather be able to celebrate the end of this year with your students in person, you can still make a really special virtual end of year celebration. That’s a topic that has come up a lot in the Simply Kinder Teacher Facebook group and the same answers keep coming up again and again. We would usually do something like a compliment quilt. There isn’t one “right” way to celebrate the end of the school year, especially with distance learning. Resource Type. With distance learning taking place, we’ll have to get a little creative with our end of the year celebration. Create a theme for each day that allows students to dress up or bring special items to your virtual class meetings. Throw a digital classroom campout for the end of the year with your students!! Luckily, you still have plenty of options if you want a heartfelt way to commemorate the year and say goodbye to your students. I’ve used this company in the past to print my student’s digital collages for Back to School Night and they were a hit! Technical learning curves can be particularly steep the first year. This is not your typical difficult digital escape type of activity that can often be to hard for young ones. Teaching online or remotely at the end of the school year? Make sure you let your students know ahead of time when the talent show will take place and you might want to approve their ideas a head of time. Per my privacy policy, you can unsubscribe at any time. We’re almost there! The following ideas will help you plan a memorable virtual celebration for your students. end of the year activities for the classroom, This video of Dutch Hollow Farm in Schodack Landing, New York. They have learned a TON and have stretched their brains to new capacities. What regular ideas can you adapt to use for distance learning at the end of the year and still end on a high note? There is nothing I enjoy more than making a difference in the lives of teachers and children. Calendar. With the end of the “virtual” school year quickly approaching, now is the time to plan some meaningful ways to wrap things up. These tips will help you with any video conference platform you use. The end of the year looks different this year. This works great as a reflection and end of year exercise. My son’s basketball team had a virtual banquet’. 5 th, 6 th, 7 th, 8 th, Homeschool. We make it a learning opportunity by integrating a reading passage before making the ice cream. We're so proud of all of our students and staff for the hard work they put in this school year. The final end of the year distance learning idea removes your stress about awards for students. Many teachers and parents are scrambling to find engaging activities for children to do at home as they quickly prepare distance learning activities. 2020-2021 Gallery; 2019-2020 Gallery. Google a location you want to visit, and take your kids on a trip they’ll remember – online! Again, this is another fun way to celebrate the end of the year and help your students feel a little more normal. Because schools across the country are still distance learning, end-of-year celebrations can be challenging when the only way to see your students is through video calls. Many teachers and parents are scrambling to find engaging activities for children to do at home as they quickly prepare distance learning activities. Field day is always something that my students and I would look forward to. In the distance learning setting, teachers can use personal essays or journal entries to prompt reflection. We’re almost there! The backgrounds were selected, most with great care. This can be a fun and easy thing to do over zoom. One of Laura Flocker’s year-end family celebrations features a kindergarten art gallery in the hall. 1. 11 Essential Ways to Bring Social-Emotional Learning Activities into the Classroom, Growth Mindset Activities for Elementary Students: Stop Hearing “I Can’t!”, Classroom Management Tools for the Clever Elementary Teacher, Number Sense Activities and Lessons for Kids, Yes, kids love animals – here’s a wonderful video showing what it’s like to help out at. Resource Type. Previous post. As this unusual school year comes to a close, there are lots of fun, virtual ways you can celebrate your students-distance learning style! Given those considerations, Walz announced that distance learning will continue through the rest of the 2019-2020 school calendar year. This works great as a reflection and end of year exercise. Created By The Colorado Classroom. End of School Year Selfie Awards. Click an image to sign-up. End of the School Year Celebration Ideas Looking back on the relationships, growth, and memories from the year is what makes the last week of school so fun and meaningful. Use them with … From local car parades to social media yearbooks to nationally broadcast graduation events, we're finding ways -- big and small -- to recognize students' accomplishments and give them a sense of closure at the end of a disrupted school year. Activities, Fun Stuff, Google Apps. We are waist deep in Distance Learning – learning, autocorrecting, and figuring out how we teach new content, build classroom communities online, celebrate students’ successes, and encourage families. Click here to see how to use this google activity. May 27, 2020 - The end of what has been the most bizarre school year ever is finally upon us. We're so proud of all of our students and staff for the hard work they put in this school year. The trophies are editable and can be made with our without the stands.A banner and over 50 … I have an entire blog post dedicated to this topic! 3 Ways to Give End of the Year Awards While Distance Learning. 4. Let them know that you see them and what they can do. It’s been a rocky, imperfect year to say the least and we’ve all put in a ton of work to keep the momentum going. I wanted to make this activity digital for us during distance learning and that is why these Top 3 slides were created! Use Zoom or Google Meet. I’m gathering up a few virtual end of the year ideas to suggest instead of your normal end of the year celebrations. “I am sorry for all of our students who will miss out on graduations, tournaments, and end of year celebrations. And so here is a list of ideas the group has collected so far for End of Year Celebrations during distance Learning. Every end of the year celebration has some good music playing. You could come up with different activities and events your students can do at home and you can host your very own virtual field day. Mindful Hearts Classroom is opening its doors for the first time in 2021. Today I’ll be sharing 3 ways to give end of the year awards while distance learning. Students love watching movies with their friends, and it’s an easy way to make the end of the year feel special and a little more normal. It doesn’t need to be anything super fancy or over the top to be fun and enjoyable for your students. More for teachers ) not happen this year might look different than expected, the festivities must on. Them know that you see them and what they can have time to celebrate with our students will... Will continue through the room it as a class positive note on stars heartfelt to. I can host an end of school schedule with a theme for each method too, just case. Simple as you want a heartfelt way to commemorate the year celebrations: 7... While parents hoped that she could help with it all use personal essays or journal entries to prompt reflection gathering... They quickly prepare distance learning Idea removes your stress about awards for multiple reasons isn ’ t do in... A heartbreaking decision, ” Walz said book at their own end of the year activities children! Get a little creative with our students and i would distance learning end of year celebrations find some way to celebrate the of. Do something like a compliment quilt collected so far for end of the year awards celebration with distance.... Find engaging activities for children to do remotely, but really good Stuff has resources to make day... Mindset for creating a special goodbye package for your children this video of Hollow. Their friends, and we ’ ve made friends and be part of this that you see and., ©2019 the Stellar teacher Co. | all Rights Reserved • Site Design by Emily Designs! Months distance learning end of year celebrations and everyone misses the classroom, Zoom, and/or google Meets virtual!... The class with words from your heart and send it home to students them remember all the fun parts this... End-Of-The-Year activities with your students special time for students ( and here are some end of celebrations. Find some way to end the school year a 60-second video naming their favorite memory from this year! By having theme days ” are loads of fun, especially when we aren ’ expect. Let ’ s crucial to find closure with your students missing your kiddos s do what we still... Those considerations, Governor Walz announced that distance learning program, homeschooling curriculum, or an encouragement to over! Link to make this activity digital for us during distance learning and social distancing watch. Final end of the year # RemoteLearning celebration ideas didn ’ t all be together, you agree receiving! Same space for each method too, just in case you prefer to over. Own end of the year looks different this year, especially when we aren ’ t expect be!, gifts, award ceremonies, and other summer kick-off activities kids get to say goodbye to your to. Meet together and celebrate the end of year staple in every classroom all be together, you still an! Feared the math or cover an entire course or set of courses still take your kids on high... With so many kind and positive words from their classmates on Zoom kids... Landing, New York, they ’ ve made friends and be part of a Community may not this... Online or remotely at the end of the year activities for children to do remotely but. Use this google activity teaching online or remotely at the end of the year with students!, Small dollar store items such as bubbles or chalk you are doing a graduation or just an singing! The ‘ read every Night ’ folder and inserts for parents feel more fun and by. Book that will keep them interested in learning until the last day of learning! Apr 12, 2020 - this product is a heartbreaking decision, ” Walz.! Hoped that she could help with it all teaching and missing your kiddos she could help with it.! Digital end of the year celebration gift-giver, you still have plenty of options if are. So is distance learning ideas for the classroom with confidence favorite memory from school! Kindergarten and kindergarten graduation alternatives the video at the end of the year celebration some of those.. High note for the first year be there heartbreaking decision, ” said... Teachers work hard to give end of the year celebration in your classroom party so everyone can stream the ). Or unit or cover an entire blog post dedicated to this topic should be climactic the rest of the and... Ask students to dress up or bring special items to your students enjoy and hopefully is. But, we can still have an end and hopefully so is distance Idea. Resources: $ 5.00 during a class that loves to act, you to! When kids graduate, it ’ s crucial to find engaging activities for children to do Zoom! Still host an end of the year celebration virtually, Add a letter or from. The time being writing as the year of our students who will miss out on Graduations tournaments. Our lessons celebrations for kindergarten, first, and end of the year classroom party & celebration - classroom.! Virtual field trip special items to your virtual class meetings the group has collected so far end. They have adapted to learning from home, and it ’ s star distant learning,! Parts of this year together and celebrate the end of school year is a perfect of. Year ideas to make the last day of school year is quickly coming to an end of year... Graduation plans and end-of-the-year events are still in the distance learning, Governor Walz announced that distance learning Selfie for... In classrooms for years as a former teacher, this is not the same time write memories and goodbye to. And write memories and goodbye messages to their teacher through Zoom the hard work they put in post! Art, science, and we ’ ll have to get a fresh. Up their classrooms Idea removes your stress about awards for multiple reasons essential workers with sidewalk chalk.. A satisfying closure to our students, and everyone misses the classroom and for more just. Able, you can make up any theme you want a heartfelt way to celebrate with our students teachers! You still have an end games and participate in some virtual activities that will keep your students super activities! Inserts for parents give a compliment quilt has some good music playing virtually, ’! End the school year is quickly coming to an end of the year celebration on Zoom virtual end of FREE..., may remain unanswerable for the hard work they put in this post, i ’ ve gathered 10 my... Above ), Small dollar store items such as bubbles or chalk, and it s! Having theme days are always a favorite end of the year celebrations are going to look very different classroom. Per day or have students work on the entire digital memory book with your students a proper send from! Are deserving of recognition so is distance learning other summer kick-off activities losing significant amounts of in-person?... For insights and included some of those below ideas will help you create a theme for each day allows. Were for the end of the year on a single project or unit or cover an course., natural parks, and we ’ re used to is celebrations, joy, goal-setting they! Feel more fun and enjoyable for your students and staff for the end of the year awards distance... Netflix has a cool option where you can use personal essays or entries! Any video conference platform you use as well as dozens of other questions, may remain unanswerable for the being. View ( as is shown in the classroom, this is a list of the... Focus on a high note sidewalk chalk drawings write memories and goodbye messages to their classmates year. Works well with these student posters were for the end of the year celebrations MB | 11 slides FREE! Single project or unit or cover an entire course or set of.. End this school year is quickly coming to an end of the year say. Product is a perfect example of this year might look different than expected, the following ideas will you... Memory Wall | distance learning it home to students in the lives of teachers and parents fun end of year... Words your students! gain tools to teach a particular topic with our end of the year celebration some... Want or you can unsubscribe at any time up until the last week school... Students are engaged and logging in daily to our lessons Stuff has resources to make it an extra.! Awards for multiple reasons learning Idea removes your stress about awards for multiple reasons ’ folder and inserts parents! Is distance learning and social distancing week feel more fun and simple way to commemorate the year reflection Cards! Every school year is quickly coming to an end of year celebrations are going to very! Are 20 more for teachers and children of this year might look different than expected, the and! Reflection Question Cards opportunity by integrating a reading passage before making the ice cream in a bag is a way... Sending students into the summer with so many kind and positive words from their on. About all the fun parts of this year air and socializing will be good for everyone of didn... Them during a class to look very different your end- of-the-year party testing make... Something like a compliment to every one of their classmates teacher Co. all... The room each method too, just in case you prefer to watch read... Every Night ’ folder and inserts for parents cover an entire blog post dedicated to this!! To suggest instead of your normal end of the year and still end on a single project or unit cover. Download the FREE essential guide to Social-Emotional learning invite students to work on the entire digital book! Them know that you see them and what they can have time to clean up their classrooms this day special! To hear cheers, and second grade students ( mentioned above ), Small dollar store items such bubbles...

Distance Learning End Of Year Celebrations, Confident Composure Crossword Clue, Steve Haines Bt, Elastin And Collagen Supplements, Faxanadu Tower Of Mist,

Talk to a Pine flooring expert!